What is Oregon Promise?
Oregon Promise is a state grant that covers most tuition at any Oregon community college for recent high school graduates and GED® recipients. Funding for the Oregon Promise is subject to Oregon Legislative approval each year.
Oregon Promise Information Sessions
If you are new to Chemeketa and have been awarded the Oregon Promise grant for 2017-18, please sign up for one of the following Fulfilling the Oregon Promise sessions –
Who is eligible?
You must meet all of the following criteria –
- Complete an Oregon Promise Grant Application by the appropriate deadline
- Be a recent Oregon high school graduate or GED recipient
- Document a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA or higher; or a GED score of 145 or higher on each test
- Plan to attend at least half-time at an Oregon community college within 6 months of high school graduation or GED completion
- Be an Oregon resident for at least 12 months prior to attendance
- Have filed a FAFSA or ORSAA application and listed at least one Oregon community college
- Must not have more than 90 college credits completed or attempted
How do I remain eligible for Oregon Promise?
Complete First-year Experience as directed by the community college. First-year Experience varies depending on the college. If you have questions, contact your college financial aid office.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, determined by your community college.
- Maintain at least half-time continuous enrollment (i.e. 6 or more credits) during fall, winter and spring terms.
- Verify your FAFSA information if selected by your college financial aid office. Contact your college financial aid office for questions about this process.
- Have attempted or completed no more than 90 credits.
- Application Information
2016-17 students -
- To be eligible for renewal, you must have remained eligible for the entire 2016-17 school year.
- To renew your Oregon Promise grant simply file the 2017-18 FAFSA and complete all missing documents on My Chemeketa beginning in April/May.
2017-18 students -
- Apply for Oregon Promise by April 1, 2017 for early notification (applications may be submitted through July 3, 2017.)
- Verify your GPA by July 3, 2017.
- File your FAFSA or ORSAA by July 14, 2017.
- Register for at least 6 credits during fall, winter and spring terms
Get more information at the Office of Student Access and Completion (OSAC). This video also provides you with an introduction to the Oregon Promise.