A program developed by Chemeketa Apprenticeship and MWEC in partnership.
For schools interested in Pre-Apprenticeship, email.
Get a head start
Get a head start on a well-paying career as you learn and participate.
- Know about different registered apprenticeship programs
- Take construction-related field trips
- Gain skills to compete with apprenticeship applicants
- Receive recognition at graduation
- Develop a portfolio and resume
Prepare for your career
Prepare for your careers in skilled trades by participating in Pre-Apprenticeship.
- Compete for multiple apprenticeship programs
- Be awarded five extra points with your Pre-Apprenticeship certificate, when aplying for the Mid-Valley HVAC/R or Sheet Metal apprenticeship programs.
- As a Pre-Apprentice, you receive training and build your portfolio:
- First aid/CPR and OSHA training certificates
- Trades courses like welding and carpentry
- College credit for the APR 101 Trade Skills Fundamentals class
- Industry certifications like forklift operator and welding
- Obtaining an Oregon driver's license may also help.