breadcrumbs-home chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram chemeketa-logo-full-color envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer


Your residency and permanent address determines if you pay resident, out-of-state or international student tuition. Please refer to Chemeketa's official Residency Policy and Procedure 5120 ( for more information.

Determine Your Tuition Rate

Tuition Rate
In-state student People with a permanent resident status in Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada or Washington.
To qualify, you must establish permanent residence for 90 days before the beginning of a term.
Resident tuition
Native American and Alaskan Oregon High School Graduates As defined by Senate Bill 312. If you are a Native American or Alaskan Native and graduated from an Oregon High School you must contact Enrollment Services to update your residency Resident tuition
Choice Act Veterans* Defined by Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act2*
If you are Choice Act Veteran, contact Chemeketa Veterans’ Services
by email or call 503.399.5004 to determine your eligibility.
Resident tuition
Student with eligible current non-immigrant visa Student holding an approved nonimmigrant visa (E, G, H, K, N, O, R, S, T, TN, TPS, U, V). Resident tuition
Out-of-state students Student residing in or with a permanent address in states outside of Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada or Washington. Out-of-state tuition
International student Students holding an I-20 from Chemeketa or a student under visas (B, F, H, J). Int'l. student tuition
International distance education students International students taking online classes through Chemeketa. Int'l. student tuition

Request a Change in Your Residency

If you wish to change your residency we can help determine if you’re eligible to receive the resident tuition rate for your current and future terms at Chemeketa. Please refer to Chemeketa's Procedure 5120 for Changing Residence for more information. 

Proof of residency includes a recent date and shows your name and physical Oregon address. Such documentation may include 

  • Oregon driver license or ID card
  • Oregon State Income Tax form
  • Current W-2
  • Bank account statements
  • Jury duty summons
  • Selective Service registration
  • Recent Veteran: LES, DD214
  • Active Duty military ID, copy of orders in Oregon
  • Oregon voter registration card
  • Utility bills (gas, water, power, telephone)
  • Immigration documents (Visa, change of status application verification)
  • Documentation of entry into a legal agreement in Oregon (marriage, divorce, etc.)
  • Documentation of ownership of residential property or of continuous occupancy of rented or leased property in Oregon
  • Documentation of public assistance, rehabilitation, unemployment or other Oregon state services