International Student Arrival & Orientation
Did you know we offer free airport pickup during our specified arrival dates?
All international students must attend a three-day orientation at Chemeketa before the term starts. During this time, you will –
- Meet Chemeketa staff and students
- See the campus and learn about available resources
- Complete placement testing
- Choose classes with your advisor
We also provide the following services to help you get settled in Salem –
- Free transportation from Portland International Airport on the official arrival dates
- Homestay orientation and placement
- Help with apartment, banking and cell phone options
- Events to get to know other students
You can find the official arrival and orientation dates here. If you have not done so yet, please remember to complete your arrival information form.
Alternative Arrival Options
If you are arriving outside of our official arrival dates, you will be responsible for your own transportation arrangements from Portland International Airport to Salem. Hut Shuttle Services is recommended for your convenience, please book the shuttle before you arrive in Portland International Airport. This will be your easiest transportation from Portland International Airport to Salem. The shuttle will drop you off at Salem Airport. You can call a Salem taxi service (such as Willamette Valley Yellow Cab) to take you to the destination of your choice.