Cultural Competency Certificate
Increase the diversity, equity and inclusion skills of your business or organization with the help of Chemeketa's Cultural Competency Certificate program.
Six-week Cultural Competency Certificate
Elevate your organization's reputation, employee satisfaction, and financial wellbeing by enrolling in our cultural competency certificate program today
Here is a sample of what you can expect:
- Expert-led workshops: Engage with seasoned professionals to build your skill set in cross-cultural communication, personal and social awareness, and inclusion strategies
- Interactive learning: Through immersive scenarios, participants practice real-world situations and enhance their ability to respond effectively in diverse environments
- Cognitive development: Our training goes beyond surface level self-awareness to foster genuine shifts in attitudes and behaviors, laying the foundation for lasting change
- Measurable impact: Assess the ROI of your investment through post-training evaluations and performance metrics that showcase improved collaboration, reduced conflicts, and increased innovation
- Certificate of cultural competency: Graduates will receive an official certification from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, showcasing their commitment to inclusion, belonging, and cultural understanding
To register or for additional information, please email.
Why choose to have cultural competency training?
In our increasingly global and mobile world, one of the most important skill sets that employers are developing employees for is cultural competence. More than ever before, organizations have made it part of their corporate responsibility standards and strategic plans to consider ways to better meet the needs of an increasingly diverse customer base. Through this program, participants will be prepared to contribute to the priority placed on diversity, equity and inclusion.
What will you learn?
Offered through both in-person and remote formats, this certificate consists of 18 hours of highly interactive workshops that will help participants gain a greater understanding of the complexity of our diverse communities. The curriculum focuses on:
- Practicing self-discovery
- Integrating equitable practices
- Developing inclusive spaces
- Embracing anti-racist actions
- Fostering cultural humility
- Creating a plan of action
What will you do?
Contribute to the ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion work within organizations and the community.
For more information, contact the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.